The Catholic Church celebrates today the birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary on its traditional fixed date of September 8, nine months after the December 8 celebration of her Immaculate Conception as the child of Saints Joachim and Anne. Saint Augustine described the birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary as an event of cosmic and historic significance and an appropriate prelude to the birth of Jesus Christ. “She is the flower of the field from whom bloomed the precious lily of the valley,” he said. Happy Birthday, Dear Mother and Queen!
- Our Fall Fundraiser begins next week! Watch your child's folders and/or backpack for the sale packet!
- Thank you for not using your cell phone while in the carpool line.
- If your child arrives at school any time after 8:00 AM, a parent must come inside to the school office to sign him/her in. Thank you for your help with this.
- Fill the Trailer: September 7-9, St. Louis parish will be the location to collect needed items to benefit the people of Lafourche Parish and Holy Savior School in Louisiana which sustained a lot of damage from Hurricane Ida. See the Wednesday Wire for needed items.
- Our website is currently under construction and, therefore, we realize it is out of date. We are working to get everything up to date as soon as possible. To email your child's teacher, use her first initial and last name followed by "stlouismemphis.org". For example, Mrs. Edwards would be email@example.com
. The lunch menu can be found in the Wednesday Wire, but it is also attached to this email for your convenience.
- Attention Business Owners, Professionals, Self-Employed and Families! St. Louis Bulletin Advertising Opportunities are Available! Sherry Montell representing Diocesan (our Bulletin Publisher) is currently working on the advertising sales for our weekly bulletin. She is seeking new advertisers, as there are spaces that need to be filled! If interested, please contact Sherry directly at 614.301.7444 (feel free to text). You may also reach her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks to our current sponsors and Diocesan, our bulletin is published weekly at no cost to the parish. Please consider purchasing an ad. Your ad and participation make the bulletin successful, and you attract customers! Advertisements and sponsorships can be purchased for a business, family, charity, in Honor or in Memory of a Loved One, or to support the school, the church or a community service organization. We need and appreciate your help. Thank you!
Upcoming Dates (check WW for details)
Tuesday-Thursday, September 7-9: Fill the Trailer to benefit Holy Savior School in Louisiana
Wednesday, September 8: VIRTUS classes
Thursday, September 9: St. Cecilia choir begins
Tuesday, September 14: Drama Club (grades 1-4 begins)
Thursday & Friday, September 16-17: School Picture Day
Friday, September 17: Fall Fundraiser begins
Monday, September 20: Walking with Purpose (Keeping in Balance) Open House
Wednesday, September 22: Walking with Purpose (Discovering Our Dignity) Open House
Friday, September 24: Jeans Day to benefit Feed My Flock
Monday-Wednesday, October 4-6: Fall Break; NO SCHOOL
Friday-Saturday, October 8-9: Eucharistic Congress
Have a great rest of your week!
Looking for a past Wednesday Wire? Click here to browse them all!
View All Posts