- School pictures will be coming home by TOMORROW, Thursday, October 20. All families are asked to submit picture orders or return unpurchased pictures to your child’s homeroom teacher by THIS Monday, October 24. DO NOT send in payment. You will be billed for your picture order through FACTS. If no orders or pictures are returned by Monday, we will assume you are keeping the whole package and we will bill you for Package #1 ($25.00) through FACTS. If your child is having pictures retaken, please turn in the original pictures so you are not charged.
- Make-Up Picture Day is Wednesday, October 26. If your child was absent on the original picture day, or if your child needs a retake, please send your child in his/her picture day clothes. Students who have their picture made on that day can stay in their picture day clothes or change into their full school uniform.
- Tomorrow, October 20, is a schoolwide spirit day. Students may come out of uniform but must wear SLS shirts only (spirit shop, field day, PE, etc.) 7/8 grade athletes are encouraged to wear their sports jersey. Shirts must be worn under sleeveless or mesh jerseys. There is no cost to participate in this day.
- Interested in baseball or just want to sharpen your skills this fall? Come out and participate in the Fall SLS Baseball Clinic for 1st - 4th Graders on November 5 from 2:30-5:00 PM. The team of experienced coaches will be teaching the fundamentals of Throwing, Catching, Fielding, Hitting, and Base Running and providing drills that can be replicated at home during the winter as you prepare for Spring Baseball. See Wednesday Wire for sign up information.
- St. Louis USTA Junior Team Tennis– If your child is in grades 5-8 and is interested in joining a co-ed tennis team of St. Louis kids for a Fall USTA League, please email SLS Tennis Coach Steve Denegri (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details & to register. The season will run on Saturdays from October 21 – December 4. Matches will be short sets to 4 games in both singles and doubles, so the max time each Saturday is one hour. Youth must be able to serve the ball and keep score to be on the team. Competition is beginner-level. This is a fun way to get acquainted with a sport that lasts a lifetime!
The Next Month at a Glance
Monday, October 17-Friday, November 18: Auction Parent Drive
Thursday, October 20: Pep Rally to honor 7/8 grade athletes
Friday, October 21: Parent-Teacher Conferences (NO SCHOOL)
Saturday, October 22: Feed My Flock
Sunday, October 23: Feast of St. Louis Parish Picnic
Tuesday, October 25: Kindergarten Chit-Chat
Wednesday, October 26: School Picture Make-Up Day
Friday, October 28: Pep Rally to honor 1-4 grade athletes
Sunday, October 30: Trunk or Treat
Sunday, October 30: Junior High Youth Ministry meeting
Monday, October 31: First grade saints parade
Tuesday, November 1: All Saints Day All School Mass
Wednesday, November 2: Crazy for Our Country Day
Thursday, November 3: First Reconciliation Parent Meeting
Saturday, November 5: St. Louis Baseball Clinic
Sunday, November 6: St. Louis School Open House
Sunday, November 6: Men’s Club Pig Day
Monday, November 7: Begin wearing winter uniforms
Wednesday, November 9: Homeroom Class Pictures
Friday, November 11: Veterans Day Celebration
Sunday, November 13: Junior High Youth Ministry meeting
Monday, November 14-Tuesday, November 15: Eucharistic Revival with Fr. Robert Favazza
Friday, November 18: Spelling Bee
Friday, November 18: St. Vincent DePaul Food Drive
Saturday, November 19: St. Louis Church 30th Annual Arts and Crafts Show
We hope you have a great rest of your week!
Don't forget to follow us on social media to see all that is happening throughout the school year!
Looking for a past Wednesday Wire? Click here to browse them all!