- School directories are coming home today with the youngest student in your family. Check backpacks for the directory! Thank you for you patience as we switched publishers.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are on October 21. An email went out today from Mrs. Shaw with the SignUpGenius. Signups will close on October 17. If you are unable to schedule a conference because slots are full, please email your child's teacher to schedule a time.
- Tomorrow, October 13, is a schoolwide spirit day. Students may come out of uniform but must wear SLS shirts only (spirit shop, field day, PE, etc.) 5-6 grade athletes are encouraged to wear their sports jersey. Shirts must be worn under sleeveless or mesh jerseys. There is no cost to participate in this day.
- Interested in baseball or just want to sharpen your skills this fall? Come out and participate in the Fall SLS Baseball Clinic for 1st - 4th Graders on November 5 from 2:30-5:00 PM. The team of experienced coaches will be teaching the fundamentals of Throwing, Catching, Fielding, Hitting, and Base Running and providing drills that can be replicated at home during the winter as you prepare for Spring Baseball. See Wednesday Wire for sign up information.
- St. Louis USTA Junior Team Tennis– If your child is in grades 5-8 and is interested in joining a co-ed tennis team of St. Louis kids for a Fall USTA League, please email SLS Tennis Coach Steve Denegri (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details & to register. The season will run on Saturdays from October 21 – December 4. Matches will be short sets to 4 games in both singles and doubles, so the max time each Saturday is one hour. Youth must be able to serve the ball and keep score to be on the team. Competition is beginner-level. This is a fun way to get acquainted with a sport that lasts a lifetime!
- Basketball Registrations
5-8 grade boys and girls basketball registration is now open. Registration will close on October 14. Click here to register: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/339386
Registration for 1-4 grade basketball for boys and girls will begin in December for the season that starts in February.
Registration for Micro-Basketball will begin in January 2023 with the season starting in March.
The Next Month at a Glance
Thursday, October 13: Pep Rally to honor 5/6 grade athletes
Friday, October 14: End of the First Quarter
Friday, October 14: STEM Day of 5/6 grades
Saturday, October 15-Sunday, October 16: Rosary sale in narthex following Masses
Sunday, October 16: Junior High Youth Ministry meeting
Sunday, October 16: Men’s Club Golf Tournament
Monday, October 17-Friday, November 18: Auction Parent Drive
Tuesday, October 18: School Spirit Night at Rotolo’s
Tuesday, October 18: Eighth grade parent meeting
Thursday, October 20: Pep Rally to honor 7/8 grade athletes
Friday, October 21: Parent-Teacher Conferences (NO SCHOOL)
Saturday, October 22: Feed My Flock
Sunday, October 23: Feast of St. Louis Parish Picnic
Tuesday, October 25: Kindergarten Chit-Chat
Wednesday, October 26: School Picture Make-Up Day
Friday, October 28: Pep Rally to honor 1-4 grade athletes
Sunday, October 30: Trunk or Treat
Sunday, October 30: Junior High Youth Ministry meeting
Monday, October 31: First grade saints parade
Tuesday, November 1: All Saints Day All School Mass
Wednesday, November 2: Crazy for Our Country Day
Thursday, November 3: First Reconciliation Parent Meeting
Saturday, November 5: St. Louis Baseball Clinic
Sunday, November 6: St. Louis School Open House
Sunday, November 6: Men’s Club Pig Day
Monday, November 7: Begin wearing winter uniforms
Wednesday, November 9: Homeroom Class Pictures
Friday, November 11: Veterans Day Celebration
We hope you have a great rest of your week!
Don't forget to follow us on social media to see all that is happening throughout the school year!
Looking for a past Wednesday Wire? Click here to browse them all!