- WOW! You donated 858 lbs. of candy to support our Home and School Association’s Trunk or Treat! Congratulations to Fifth grade won came in first place, second grade who came in second place, and Kindergarten who came in third place in the candy collection competition. All students in fifth, second, and Kindergarten will receive an out of uniform day on November 16.
- All students and parents are invited and encouraged to attend our annual Open House this Sunday, November 6. Come see what Life as a Cardinal is all about, visit our school, meet our teachers, and see the amazing work of our incredible students! Come and learn more about our academics, athletics, and extracurriculars. All families who attend will be entered into homeroom and schoolwide drawings for prizes!
- Pig Day is this Sunday, November 6! Come and enjoy some Men's Club cuisine this Sunday at St. Louis from 11:30am-8:00 pm. Adult volunteers are needed throughout the day. Shifts are 2 hours each. Sign up to help here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4aaaac22a1fe3-20212. Please contact Louie Caesar at 268-2471, Brian Fields at 605-4289, or Franklin Childress at 340-5999 with any questions.
- Winter uniforms only are permitted beginning Monday, November 7. This means that K-6 boys should wear pants and not shorts with their uniform and the PE sweats should be worn over the PE shirt and shorts on cold weather days. Leggings for girls are optional.
- Homeroom pictures will be taken on Wednesday morning, November 9. All students should be in full uniform on this day. If your child has PE on Wednesday, please have him/her wear the school uniform instead. Students will wear their school uniform for PE. Junior high boys should be in white shirts and ties.
- Aftercare will close at 5:00 PM on Friday, November 18 due to the gyms being used for the Craft Fair set up
- Interested in baseball or just want to sharpen your skills this fall? Come out and participate in the Fall SLS Baseball Clinic for 1st - 4th Graders on November 5 from 2:30-5:00 PM. The team of experienced coaches will be teaching the fundamentals of Throwing, Catching, Fielding, Hitting, and Base Running and providing drills that can be replicated at home during the winter as you prepare for Spring Baseball. See Wednesday Wire for sign up information.
- The SLS Student Council will be hosting our annual Veteran's Day celebration this year on November 11. We are hoping to have many of our family members join us on this special day as we honor those who serve and have served. Invitations will be going out soon and we need the addresses of these special men & women who have served to protect our loved country. Please send the mailing address of whom we should send an invitation to email@example.com. The keynote speaker will be SLS alumnus, current SLS father, 10-year Army veteran/Apache pilot, and Folds of Honor board member Andrew Arbogast.
- The Education Savings Account (ESA) team is excited to host community events this fall in Memphis. At these events, ESA team members will share information about the ESA program: application, enrollment, and use of funds. These events will be beneficial for both prospective ESA families and current ESA families.
There are three options in Memphis for locations and times:
o Wednesday, November 2 at 6:30pm: Harding Academy of Memphis
o Thursday, November 3 at 1pm: St. Benedict at Auburndale
o Thursday, November 3 at 6:30pm: New Hope Christian Academy
For families interested in attending a community event, please share this information as well this short RSVP form.
The Next Month at a Glance
Tuesday, November 1-Friday, November 18: Parent Auction Item Donation Drive
Thursday, November 3: First Reconciliation Parent Meeting
Thursday, November 3-Friday, November 18: St. Vincent DePaul Food Drive
Friday, November 4: Home and School Fall Movie Night
Saturday, November 5: St. Louis Baseball Clinic
Sunday, November 6: St. Louis School Open House
Sunday, November 6: Men’s Club Pig Day
Monday, November 7: Begin wearing winter uniforms
Wednesday, November 9: Homeroom Class Pictures
Friday, November 11: Veterans Day Celebration
Sunday, November 13: Junior High Youth Ministry meeting
Monday, November 14-Tuesday, November 15: Eucharistic Revival with Fr. Robert Favazza
Friday, November 18: Spelling Bee
Saturday, November 19: St. Louis Church 30th Annual Arts and Crafts Show
Monday, November 21-Friday, November 25: Thanksgiving Break
Monday, November 28-Friday, December 2: MAPS Testing
Friday, December 2: Fall Fundraiser Deadline
Friday, December 2: Cardinal Christmas Basketball Game
We hope you have a great rest of your week!
Don't forget to follow us on social media to see all that is happening throughout the school year!
Looking for a past Wednesday Wire? Click here to browse them all!