Congratulations to our 8th grade graduates as they leave the cardinal nest and move on to high school next year. We are excited to hear about your many successes and accomplishments as alumni. Thank you to our amazing faculty members who have worked so hard to prepare them for their high school years.
Congratulations to our Kindergarteners who graduated this morning and are ready to move to the “big school” for first grade next year. Thank you to our wonderful Early Childhood Center faculty who have made their first years as cardinals so awesome and so fun!
Finally, congratulations to all parents as the school year ends. You did it! You made it! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the support you have shown our faculty, staff, and especially our students during this school year. Enjoy your break from packing lunches, carpool lines, and homework!
- Summer reading requirements and summer math requirements for rising second through eighth graders can be found here: https://stlouismemphis.org/parents/#summer.
- NEW THIS SUMMER! Speed and Agility Camps! Register here https://go.teamsnap.com/divisions/248685/registration/375681 for these two hour sessions. Any rising third through eighth grader is invited, no matter what sport they play!
- It’s time to register for Fall Sports at St. Louis! As registration begins, we want to emphasize the importance of registering your child by the deadlines. We may not be able to accommodate additional registrants after the deadline.
All registrations are due by June 30.
- 2023 Fall Cross Country Registration for Grades 3-8: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/372415
- 2023 Fall Flag Football Registration Grades 1- 4: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/372418
- 2023 Fall Football Registration 5-8 Grade Boy: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/372416
- 2023 Fall Golf Registration Grade 5-8 Boys and Girls: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/372420
- 2023 Fall Soccer Registration 5-8 Grade Girls: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/372417
- 2023 Fall Soccer Registration Grades 1- 4 Boys and Girls: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/372413
- 2023 Fall Tennis Registration 5th thru 8th Grade Boys & Girls: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/372421
- 2023 Fall Volleyball Registration 5-8 Grade Girls: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/372414
Practice for fall sports will begin at the end of July/beginning of August. The commissioner of each sport will reach out to registrants with the start dates.
- Please remember to pick up any medication that is in the school office Before the end of the school year. Anything not picked up will be discarded. All medication must be picked up by the parents. We will not send medication home with students.
- Cleaning out closets? Please consider donating your used uniforms back to the school for the annual used uniform sale at Back-to School events in August. Feel free to drop off your CLEAN uniforms to Paul Walker in the school office before the end of the year.
- Your yearbook staff has been working hard at capturing the events around our school this year. Don't miss your chance to own a part of your history! To order a yearbook, go to https://yearbookforever.com/schools/saint_louis_school_buy_yearbook_3397. The deadline to order your 2022-23 yearbook is May 31, 2023. Not sure if you already ordered one? Contact Mrs. Cervetti at email@example.com with questions.
- Money left in each student's cafeteria account at the end of the year will be carried over to next year. If the student is not returning to SLS next year the money will be refunded to the FACTS account. If a student is in the negative we will transfer money from a family member's account. If there are no funds available, we will charge the student's FACTS account.
- Mrs. McCrary is offering summer tutoring for reading and math for rising first, second, third, and fourth graders to help ensure a successful transition to the next grade. See the Wednesday Wire for more details.
- Kidz School Box makes your Back-to-School supply shopping easy and hassle-free! Our school’s prepackaged school supply boxes are NOW AVAILABLE for purchase! https://www.kidzschoolbox.com/st-louis-school Choose your child’s 2023-24 grade. Type in your child's name. Click "Add to Cart” then “Checkout.” The deadline to order is July 23, 2023. Questions? Call Amber Signaigo at 901-930-7377 or Katie Norman at 901-647-5091.
- Registration is open for our Extended Care Summer Camp and our 15 supplementary summer camps!
Extended Care Summer Camp (Ms. Lori’s Summer Camp): https://stlouismemphis.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Extended-Care-Summer-Forms.pdf
Click here for a camp brochure with details about our 14 supplementary camps! https://stlouismemphis.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/SLS-Summer-Camps-2023-Brochure-New.pdf
June Supplementary Camps Deadline to register & pay in full for June camps was May 15 (excluding VBS). Please reach out to the camp moderator to sign up if space if available.
- Vacation Bible School: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094caeae2eaafec61-parachute1#/
- Yoga and Mindfulness Camp: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508044ba4a723a4ff2-yoga#/
- Let’s Get Ready for Kindergarten Camp: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409054fadae2dabf49-lets#/
- *ONLY 3 SPOTS REMAIN* Dolls and Crafts Camp: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4aaaae2fa3f49-doll2#/
- Little Cardinals Summer Camp: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c49aaac23a2fe3-little#/
- Cooking and Crafts Around the World: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094dafa72ea3face9-cooking#/
- Undersea Adventure Camp: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0f4eada62aa31-undersea#/
- Building the Future Camp: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050b45a4ac2ba4fb6-building#/
July Supplementary Camps Deadline to register & pay in full for July camps is June 15
- S.T.R.E.A.M. Camp: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4aaaae2fa3f49-stream#/
- Second Grade Superstars: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0c4caca722a6fe3-getready#/
- Once Upon a Summer Camp: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094DAFA72EA3FACE9-once
- All Sports Camps: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4bafac2aa31-slsall#/
- *ADDITIONAL SPOTS ADDED* Set Sail for First Grade!: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e094badab2a1-welcome#/
Please click on the Wednesday Wire each week for important school and church announcements and opportunities.
The Next Month at a Glance
Wednesday, May 24-Thursday, May 25: Seventh grade exams (11:30 dismissal for seventh grade only)
Wednesday, May 24: ECC Last Day of School (11:15 AM dismissal for ECC only)
Wednesday, May 24: Altar Server training
Wednesday, May 24: Deadline to sign up for Altar Server Redbirds game
Thursday, May 25: Field Day for grades 1-4 (half day for 1-4 grades only)
Friday, May 26: All School Mass in the old gym
Friday, May 26: Last Day of School (half day)
Thursday, June 1: Professional Development for faculty
Saturday, June 3: SLS Basketball Camp
Monday, June 5-Friday, June 9: Vacation Bible School
Friday, June 9 and Saturday, June 10: Hole-in-One set-up begins
Saturday, June 10: Altar Server Redbirds Game
Monday, June 12-Thursday, June 15: Let’s Get Ready for Kindergarten Camp
Monday, June 12-Friday, June 16: Doll and Crafts Camp
Monday, June 12-Friday, June 16: Little Cardinals Summer Camp
Monday, June 12-Friday, June 16: Yoga and Mindfulness Camp
Tuesday, June 13: SLS Football Speed and Agility workout
Thursday, June 15: Registration and full payment deadline for all July supplemental camps
Friday, June 16-Saturday, June 17: Hole-in-One final set-up
Sunday, June 18-Saturday, June 24: Hole-In One Festival Sponsored by the St. Louis Men’s Club
Monday, June 19-Friday, June 23: Undersea Adventure Camp
Monday, June 19-Friday, June 23: Building the Future Camp
Monday, June 26-Friday, June 30: Cooking and Crafts Around the World Camp
Tuesday, June 27: SLS Speed and Agility Clinic
Friday, June 30: Deadline to register for fall sports at SLS
We hope you have a great rest of your week!
Don't forget to follow us on social media to see all that is happening throughout the school year!
Looking for a past Wednesday Wire? Click here to browse them all!