Happy Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary! In Catholic tradition, the entire month of October is dedicated to the Holy Rosary. This month-long observance is largely due to the liturgical feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, celebrated on October 7. According to legend, Mary entrusted the Rosary to St. Dominic in the 13th century to aid in conflicts with the Albigensians. Later, the Dominican pope St. Pius V extended the popularity of the Rosary by introducing the feast day in 1571. Toward the end of the19th century Pope Leo XIII promoted the practice of dedicating the entire month of October to the Rosary.
- 2021 Basketball Registration for Grades 5-8 is open! https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/288785The deadline to register is October 15. Please direct all questions to our athletic director, Michael Bennett, at email@example.com.
- Trunk or Treat is back! See the Thursday Wire for ways you can help!
- Parent/Teacher Conference sign-up links will be sent today.
- Attention Business Owners, Professionals, Self-Employed and Families! Bulletin Advertising Opportunities Available! Sherry Montell representing Diocesan (our Bulletin Publisher) is working on wrapping up with the annual advertising sales campaign for our weekly bulletin. For anyone who is interested in increasing his/her business and/or digitally promoting his/her website, please contact Sherry directly at 614 301-7444 (feel free to text). You may also reach her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall fundraiser ends October 13!
The Next Month at a Glance (check TW for details)
Friday-Saturday, October 8-9: Eucharistic Congress
Sunday, October 10: Junior High Youth Group meets
Wednesday, October 13: Fall Fundraiser Ends
Wednesday, October 13: AHG Volunteer Interest Meeting
Thursday, October 14: 8th Grade Visit to St. Benedict at Auburndale
Friday, October 15: Pep Rally to honor 1-4 Grade Student Athletes
Friday, October 15; Deadline to register for 5-8 grade basketball
Friday, October 15: End of the First Quarter
Tuesday, October 19: 8th Grade Parent Meeting
Thursday, October 21: Trunk or Treat Donation Due Date
Friday, October 22: Parent Teacher Conferences (No School)
Sunday, October 24: Junior High Youth Group meets
Sunday, October 24: Feast of St. Louis/Fall Festival/Trunk or Treat
Wednesday. October 27: Jodee Blanco Speaker Series for Students, Faculty, and Parents
Saturday, October 30: Feed My Flock
Friday, November 5; Crazy for our Country Day
Sunday, November 7; Men's Club Pig Day
Sunday, November 7; St. Louis School Open House
Sunday, November 7; Junior High Youth Group meets
Monday, November 8; Begin wearing winter uniform
Have a great rest of your week!
Looking for a past Wednesday Wire? Click here to browse them all!